Friday, August 3, 2012

MY THOUGHTS WANDERS BACK .....WHILE WALKING IN THE RAIN..

Walking down the lane, alone, in the drizzling rain,
I smile; as my thoughts wander back to my college days.......
when my friends and I ; in hostel,
eagerly wait for the huge God-made-&-send shower,
And the moment it pours, 
we'll run to the terrace floor.
Behaving exactly like kids, excited , thrilled
we jump,run,dance and play.
Wonder what others would have said... 
It seemed like a bunch of girls gone totally crazy,
Head to toe, completely soaked, yet full of energy.
It goes till our lady (warden) comes,
flying like an angry bird.....
But, by the time 'the bird' could make a score
we would have dashed to our rooms,
giggling and laughing; all the more.......

I am still walking....but
As the thought fades in the rain, my smile disappears,
A huge sigh and a frown appears.
Never knew then, that playing in the rain;
would NOW cause a small tug of pain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment