Wednesday, November 16, 2011

the gardener........

we have a gardener who looks after our 'not-so-so-big' garden. his name is bharat. my brother n i lovingly call him 'bharat uncle'or 'Maali uncle' .He is a real gentleman.He must be above 50 but it doesn't show on his face. he has been working in our home for more than 5 yrs. He is a very loving and a kind hearted person.......but the best part is that he is a 'born-again' christian!!  (if i could i would write lots about bharat uncle's life but that is not this post is about...) i am mentioning about him because i learnt a good lesson from him.....


Few months ago, the trees n plants in our garden bore lots of fruits ,flowers and vegetables....mangoes,bananas & flowers...(Thanks to the Father above!!). our Maali (gardener) uncle was so happy....happy to see the fruits of the plants the seeds & saplings of which he had planted with hope and expectations!!


                 he is our Maali uncle.....see the smile on his face with the bananas in hand!!


His hope has turned into real joy......he is happy as his hard work has paid off !! his smile is the smile of satisfaction and pride.......


Maali uncle reminds me of my Heavenly Gardener.....i realized that i too am a plant in the garden of my Heavenly Father!! HE too must have had planted the seed 'me' with so much of hope & expectation.....hoping that i will bear & show forth the 'fruits of the Holy Spirit' in my life...not just in one season but all through my life......
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness......Galatians 5:22

i looked into myself....thinking ..have i in me the 'fruits of the Holy Spirit'?? yes, i have been kind, have been good ,have been patient.@least sometimes......but then God's measurements and man's measurements are not the same!! 
but am still alive and My Lord is letting me live so tat  i can make up for my poor past......as far as tat one question burns in my heart i ll surely strive to bring out the much desired fruits in me and that  one question is ..." have i been successful in bringing the smile on my Heavenly father's face ?? " the same smile....smile of satisfaction and pride.....

-jenifer arulmozhi.s





        maali uncle with joel (my brother).....
the mari-gold plant grew taller than my brother.i.e + 6ft



No comments:

Post a Comment