Friday, March 8, 2013

A 'Daddy-sweet' women's day

Dad came home from office..after a few mins of relaxing he said in a typical 'head-of-the-family' tone
" I will cook the dinner tonight!"
It was followed by amma's curious "why? inniki enna vishesham?" ( what special today?)
"HEY! inniki women's day-la !! Its my gift for you both... "
I laughed but from the looks of my dad i realized he wasn't joking....
 " well,well...good then", i grinned..

I dont remember dad or anyone else in my family, doing anything special for women's day,ever...and when all of a sudden my dad laid out his plan for the night , I found this little Gift  from my dad to mom ( & me ) to be very very sweet.... 
Dad may not be a 'very-good' cook like mom but there are some dishes, in which i can surely say 'my daddy is the best' :)... Out of those some , daddy's TEA, DAL and RASAM are my all-time favorite  No matter how much i try, i just cant make the Tea like him..( i am not here to talk abt that,anyway).

To my dad's dismal  there was only a bowl of veggie (yesterday's leftover) and few baigan/brinjals in the fridge but this dint dampen his 'cook-a-GIFT-spirit'. 
He made his-special-my-favorite dal and baigan-bharta ( HIS MAIDEN BAIGAN_BHARTA)
He dint allow us to enter the kitchen...
He was being really sweet and i wanted to take a pic,just to remember the occaision..
I told him that i ll take just one photo..just one...and he said " okkaayy! "


one pic and happily i was out....
After much 'please' from amma, he allowed her to make the rotis .
An hour or so in the kitchen and the dinner was ready! 
Dad's dal was good ( as usual) but his maiden bharta was very-very good :) :)
He was all smiles that mom and i liked it ....

And what did i do the whole evening??
 :):) I was enjoying the drama taking place, 
and apart from taking this one pic, all i did was to lip-smacking-ly enjoy my daddy's cooking ....yep, that's me!!

I ll always remember this day as A 'DADDY-SWEET' WOMEN'S DAY !!

Thanks dad :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment