Friday, December 21, 2012

NO AGENDA OF MY OWN!!

Here is an excerpt from the book,I finished reading lately.The title of the book is Finding Your Way through Loneliness and its written by Elisabeth ELLIOT.

'I was pondering this matter* when the Lord brought straight to my kitchen table yesterday a living example of such a heart.A bright young woman and i were eating lamb sandwiches.I asked her if she is lonely.
"Lonely? Why should i be?"
"You are single.Most of the single people I know talk about people i know talk about being lonely." 
With a look of surprise and then a laugh she said," Oh no.You see, I have a sense of expectancy every day.What does the Lord want me to do with me today? I have no agenda of my own."

No agenda of my own. There is the key to Linda's freedom.
..............
" What do you mean by an agenda?" I asked.
"Thinking there's only one solution and God has to give you that or nothing.You have a closed mind.A closed mind is a closed heart and a closed door."

Now I recognized the reason for the smile which seems always to light  Linda's face.I think it must come from her  wholehearted acceptance of God's "agenda."

"I love soltitude," she said." As I drove up here this morning I didn't have the radio on.I wasn't listening to tapes. I was just quiet. I love times likes that."

The heart which has no agenda but God's is the heart at leisure from itself.Its emptiness is filled with the Love of God.Its solitude can be turned into prayer.'

...................................................................................................................................................................
* Elisabeth Elliot was dealing and studying on the one sentence she heard at a certain retreat; Turn your loneliness into solitude,and your solitude into prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment