Thursday, February 23, 2012

i am a song-reader!!

i read the song while singing......do you??

from my teen days,i have a big liking for music (christian music).....i would sway with a soothing and sometimes would shake my neck and perhaps leg too for a peppy one. 
sad enough , my love for music is completely one sided :( 
music doesn't love me back :( 
i have been gifted with a strong voice (which sometimes even sounds masculine..sigh!) and i get so off-tune that whenever i sing, the beauty of the song simply runs away---scared!!
whenever i sing it seems am READING it......so its like am reading the lyrics when am actually SINGING it !!

i remember my room-mate ( a pretty gal from Shillong # she had a lovely voice) closing her ears the moment i would start singing ..( i repeat 'start singing') and she ll beg me to stop....my singing ability turned out to be a 'black-mailing' device to make her do anything i wanted ( can u imagine the intensity of my song reading??)

most of my  friends were good singers, some were very good....
my best friendz out in college tried their best to inject music# tune in my veins but of no good.
poor they......@ times while teaching me they themselves would forget the original tune and would follow mine....he he # HAPPY DAYS #
even in our church fellowship , our worship leader had/has to be patient with many (me included) off-tune-singers/song readers like me....poor she :(

I can imagine if in case there is comparison made of  my singing talent with 'heartbeat-o-monitor' , the original song would be read as the 'up n down' lines of the rhythmic lub-dub's of the heart......and  when i would sing , guess what would be on the monitor screen ??? A STRAIGHT LINE !! # person dead #

if  not singing ,@least playing an instrument ?? naw...... 
i never got a chance to learn any musical instrument ( my fav instru being the  guitar n tabla).... i have a fascination for violin too.
anyways ...i think its too late to start anything now ...

hey !!! now-a-days BEAT-BOXING is in trend ..... should i try ?? hmmmm... ha forget it !!

i am and will be a songreader.....# old-habits die hard#



No comments:

Post a Comment