Sunday, November 27, 2011

SIMBA......




Simba is was my pet. my lil pup which was with me for just 44 hours…..yes just 44 hrs...

I met this lil white cute ball of life, on one winter morning last week, near my coaching center, nearly 6 -7 kms away from my home. It was very small, just a lil bigger than the size of my palm. The mother had abandoned the pups. There were 4 of them, three of them were motionless. This one was crying laying over one of its ‘already-dead’ brother pup. I felt sorry and I thought if I cud provide some warmth n lil food, at least this lil whity will survive. I took it with me, brought it to my home in my TVS scooty….I just wanted it to live…….

Reached home…when my amma (mom) saw it and her reaction was “yennadu idhu???” (What is this??)…..I pleaded with her to let me keep this poor pup…few moments later she said “OK” ….( how cud she say NO, she is a MOTHER after all !!!)
     simba.....the little white bundle of life!!

The pup had still not opened his eyes, amma gave some warm milk, at first he wuldn drink it but then  took two spoons …..tummy filled (we thought), he slept …..he was in my arms all this time…it was awesomely cute. We named him 'Simba!!' .. Amma made a bed for him ….we never ever had a pet @home n  everything we did for simba was like “ shall we do like this??  Will it be comfortable here?? What if it cannot sleep in here??” and the list goes on…….everything settled….. Simba slept, slept n slept.

Evening when my Appa (dad) came from office…he got a surprise/shock …whatever may define tat particular look on his face ;) .Appa did not know what to tell me …. But Appa’s reaction told me one thing for sure and tat was “jeni, u have to and u will take complete care of the pup, and u wont get any male assistant!!”

Evening gave way to night. Temperature dropped. Dinner - over. Amma (a loving soul) took simba and gave milk again; with the help of ink-filler….simba drank half asleep sucking the filler.. it was a lovely sight…….





                                         amma and simba :):)
            (sorry for the poor images, it was night n no proper light)

i said "goodnight simba", went to bed. 
 first morning!!!
the first thing i did was to look at simba ...still sleeping.  simba's bed was wet; had poo-poo in it...i cleaned it ,changed its bedding. i was so happy ..his digestive system was working!!!
he woke up for a little time, i made him to rest in the sun for a while....puppies want warmth it seems, they sleep peacefully when its warm.
afternoon,evening and night .....he still dint open his eyes....but simba was doing fine:) 
(meanwhile i was planning the long future...how simba n me will go for walks, play in the garden, wagging its when it will see me....happy hopes in heart.......)


second morning......
today simba's behavior was little different...he was opening its mouth and closing it, as if gasping for breath....i had no idea what was happening:( i never had a pet before....amma said that babies do like that sometimes and that simba is doing fine.....but then it was nearly 9:45 am , i went to check on simba  ( i was doing it for every 15 to 20 mins)...simba was not breathing...i picked him up, was motionless--------------i could hear my heart cry out "lord, pl let simba be alive..." 
i rushed to call amma. amma dint believe me but when she herself saw simba.... i knew it... my prayers were not answered...tears started rolling down from my eyes. 
my little white bundle of life was lying down lifeless... ..simba had not even opened its eyes...was with me for  just 44 hrs.. none of my happy hopes came true ...yet it couldn't stop the tears flowing down....... parting from  someone u loved is so painful may it be a human, an animal or an object.  how much more painful it will be for those who have their pets for years together...i wonder!!

simba was buried in our garden ......


No comments:

Post a Comment